Quantitative researcher focusing on statistics and machine learning methods in finance. Primarily use R, C++, Python, various databases (including OneTick and KDB), and LaTeX on a daily basis.
- Twitter: @statalgo
- Blog: http://www.statalgo.com (largely inactive)
- Former moderator on data analysis stack exchange site: http://stats.stackexchange.com/
- Proposer of Quantitative Finance stack exchange site: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/117/quantitative-finance?referrer=EZoOPpokWeo1
New York, NY
Member for 8 years, 4 months
53 profile views
Last seen Dec 5 '13 at 11:02
Top network posts
- 451 Counting the number of elements with the values of x in a vector
- 428 How do I install an R package from source?
- 415 The Two Cultures: statistics vs. machine learning?
- 335 What is your favorite "data analysis" cartoon?
- 333 Convert data.frame columns from factors to characters
- 246 Elegant way to check for missing packages and install them?
- 214 Major unsolved problems in theoretical computer science?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (14)
11 Vote early, vote often Feb 1 '11
11 Who should the moderators be? Feb 7 '11
6 Idea about “education” questions? Feb 1 '11
6 Vote early, vote often Feb 3 '11
6 Is “sports betting” on-topic? Feb 6 '11
6 Who should the moderators be? Feb 8 '11
6 How Will This Site Overcome These Obstacles? Feb 19 '11