Quantitative researcher focusing on statistics and machine learning methods in finance. Primarily use R, C++, Python, various databases (including OneTick and KDB), and LaTeX on a daily basis.
- Twitter: @statalgo
- Blog: http://www.statalgo.com (largely inactive)
- Former moderator on data analysis stack exchange site: http://stats.stackexchange.com/
- Proposer of Quantitative Finance stack exchange site: http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/117/quantitative-finance?referrer=EZoOPpokWeo1
New York, NY
Member for 9 years
57 profile views
Last seen Dec 5 '13 at 11:02
- Stack Overflow 86k 86k 2929 gold badges208208 silver badges214214 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 11.4k 11.4k 1717 gold badges6464 silver badges8989 bronze badges
- Quantitative Finance 8.8k 8.8k 33 gold badges4545 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Area 51 4.4k 4.4k 33 gold badges22 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Super User 2.8k 2.8k 55 gold badges1818 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 478 Counting the number of elements with the values of x in a vector
- 462 How do I install an R package from source?
- 429 The Two Cultures: statistics vs. machine learning?
- 350 Convert data.frame columns from factors to characters
- 346 What is your favorite "data analysis" cartoon?
- 277 Elegant way to check for missing packages and install them?
- 224 Setting and getting Windows environment variables from the command prompt?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (14)
10 Who should the moderators be? Feb 7 '11
10 Vote early, vote often Feb 1 '11
6 Idea about “education” questions? Feb 1 '11
6 Is “sports betting” on-topic? Feb 6 '11
6 How Will This Site Overcome These Obstacles? Feb 19 '11
5 Are CFA questions on topic? Jan 8 '12
5 Who should the moderators be? Feb 8 '11